Tuesday, September 1, 2009

It's scoreboard watching time

        I do it. You do it. The Tiger players do it. Even Jim Leyland admits to doing it once in a while.
        It is called scoreboard watching and it is a popular September pastime when a team is in a pennant race. It happens every night now, every inning or so.
        It’s happening in New York and Anaheim and Boston and Minnesota and Chicago and Tampa and Texas.
        And, of course, it’s happening here.
        It’s half the fun.
        How are the Twins doing? What’s happening with the White Sox?
        “You take a peek out there,” Leyland admitted. “You have your moments when you are managing a game when you have time to do that. Anybody would be lying if they said they don’t look.
        “If I said that I didn’t see the scoreboard I’d be lying. I’m not staring at it, hoping the White Sox or the Twins are behind. It’s not like that. It has nothing to do with that. But are you aware of stuff? Sure, you’re aware of stuff.
        “I mean, the scoreboards are so huge anymore that everybody knows what is going on in every game,” Leyland continued.  “I watch the Cardinal game for my friend Tony (La Russa).”
        Feel free. Take a look.


        

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home