Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Granderson to Playboy: 'I have to ask my mom'

        Curtis Granderson is one of baseball’s brightest young stars.
        He is 27 years old. He has led the American League in triples for two years in a row. He is one of just three players in baseball history to  collect at least 30 doubles, 20 triples,  20 home runs and 20 stolen bases in the same season. He makes $3.5 million a year.
        Nevertheless, when Playboy magazine called, asking Granderson to pose for some pictures to go with an upcoming baseball preview article, Curtis’ answer was: “I have to ask my mom.”
        I’m not making this up.
        “I had to call my mom (Mary) for her approval,” admitted Granderson, who took part in the photo shoot at Marchant Stadium on Monday.
        “If she had said ‘no,’ I wouldn’t have done it.
        “But she said, ‘That’s fine, as long as it’s tasteful,’ ” Granderson explained. “She said, ‘A lot of guys read it, so I guess it’s OK.’
        “I had all my clothes on  and I wasn’t standing next to a Playmate or anything. I wasn’t topless. The worst thing I did was take my hat off for some photos.”
        Every mother dreams of having a son like that.

2 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

LOL! Curtis is a breath of fresh air in the sports world today. I know there are many good guys playing today but I just love how Granderson comes across as a true 'ambassador of baseball"

March 8, 2009 at 11:04 AM 
Blogger Unknown said...

What a good article.

You should contact the bizymoms Oakland community to get your article featured to their large mom community. http://www.bizymoms.com/oakland/index.php

July 26, 2009 at 9:42 AM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home